Annual Family Fun Day this Sunday 2nd February - Wrights Vineyard Winery

From: "Local News Gisborne" <info@PROTECTED>
Subject: Annual Family Fun Day this Sunday 2nd February - Wrights Vineyard Winery
Date: January 31st 2020

Annual Family Fun Day this Sunday 2nd February

Hi

Join us this weekend at our cellar door for our Annual Family Fun Day this Sunday 2nd of February - it will be a blast of fun. This event signals the closing of our Cellar Door for the summer season. If you have not been out this year - now is your chance.

We have the best of the best from Wairoa playing live music from 12 noon. We have organised a bouncy castle, kids games, roasting marshmallows, icecreams, gourmet pizza's, our organic wines, plus non alcoholic drinks and beers. You have no excuse - so please RSVP to 027 656 8222. Come along and bring a picnic blanket or chairs and enjoy in the fun and chaos! Its going to be a hot day and we have organised a large marquee in front of the stage for adults and two large gazebo covers for the kids area.

Wright team

Wairoa’s best acoustic music performers confirmed for our Family Fun Day with Guitar/Harmonica duo Doug Snelling and Tawiri Tamanui will be sharing the bill with two talented female solo acoustic performers, Naamah Cheiban and Franzi Corker to provide what will be a full afternoon of great music.

Doug and Tawiri have been playing their old style country blues regularly at markets and charity events in the Wairoa region over the past few years. Toes are generally tapping not soon after they begin their set of classic blues and country/blues inspired guitar and harmonica tunes.

Naamah Cheiban is an up and coming singer songwriter who is comfortable with a variety of musical styles. She puts a jazz flavour to most song choices and is an accomplished guitar player. Naamah is about to begin the first year of a Jazz Vocal degree at the University of Auckland and counts the late Eva Cassidy among her inspirations.

Franzi Corker also performs at markets and fundraising events in the Wairoa area. Her repertoire of classic and contemporary Americana/Roots music is perfect for mellow afternoon listening. She draws from the catalogues of songs of well-respected female artists like Norah Jones and Gillian Welch..

We look forward to seeing you at our cellar door this Sunday, sorry we are closed this Saturday.

Local news for Gisborne

Privacy Policy:

Private