The Stars Must be aligned - Crowned Top 5 in NZ

From: "Online Wine Deals" <geoff@PROTECTED>
Subject: The Stars Must be aligned - Crowned Top 5 in NZ
Date: August 17th 2017

Crowned Top 5 in NZ - Wahoo!

Hi

The stars must be aligned!

Wrights Reserve Chardonnay Our Wrights Reserve Chardonnay has been crowned Top 5 in NZ by Cuisine NZ and Awarded 5 stars. This is exciting news for us and Gisborne. We have a great 6 pack deal available online for $199 – Fill that wine rack up with something amazing. Here is the link to order - Click Here

This is what they had to say about our Wrights Reserve Chardonnay -

"Organically grown by Geoff and Nicola Wright, the founders and proprietors of this Gisborne label, this chardonnay excited the panel. It’s an exuberant, big style, offering lifted, smoky, struck match notes and what John Belsham described as “creamy, spicy, warm ripe fruit”. Try it alongside a leek and feta tart.”

Great news we are also on Rural Delivery this Saturday at 7am, or if you miss it, it can be watched on On Demand. The show covers us during harvest 2017 and features our winery and cellar door during our last day of harvest.

The Gisborne Herald did a fantastic story on us last week – I have pasted the story below for you to read.

Gisborne Winery Makes Top Five, Gisborne Herald, Published: August 10, 2017

CHARDONNAY CAPITAL: It is celebration time in the Wright family’s Ormond Valley Vineyard where the chardonnay that has won a five-star rating in Cuisine magazine was grown. Geoff and Nicola Wright are pictured with their boys from left Elijah, Guy, Luke, Otto and Noah, with Rocket the dog. With Gisborne aiming to cement itself as ‘The Chardonnay Capital of New Zealand’, this is a great start, they say. Picture by Paul Rickard

Gisborne's Wrights Reserve Chardonnay has been crowned among the Top Five Chardonnay in New Zealand by Cuisine magazine, a David and Goliath feat, they say. In its annual tasting, more than 166 wines from around New Zealand were tasted. The judges awarded 10 five-stars, 11 4.5-stars and 23 four-stars. The five-star rating defines outstanding quality and Wrights’ chardonnay was awarded Top Five in New Zealand. “We are pretty stoked, ecstatic and overjoyed with this accolade,” Geoff and Nicola Wright said.

Over the last three years the Wrights label has changed focus. “In 2014 we decided we wanted to be recognised as New Zealands premium chardonnay producer. We have one of the best chardonnay blocks in Gisborne from the Ormond Valley Appellation, which has consistently shown it produces premium chardonnays,” Mr Wright said. “Our wine is barrel-aged for nine months in new oak, a special selection of oak that we have fine-tuned over the years.” Produced under their own label The Wrights now only produce chardonnay under the Wrights label.

Wrights Family

This month they signed on with SANZ Global as its new national distributor for the Wrights range. “Our chardonnay is produced from Mendoza grapes, harvested at 25 brix, low yields with outstanding quality of grapes. It is all hand-harvested and crafted.” Geoff Wright said the Ormond Valley Appellation is unique in climate, with its cool valley temperatures at night retaining the acidity in the fruit, and hot day time temperatures producing expressive, intense flavours. Because the vineyard is also certified organic, this is a great result for organics. “The wine-growing techniques employed are better for the environment, better for our employees and better for our customers.” To be ranked top five, for a small boutique winery, is a massive achievement, he said. “Much like David facing Goliath.”

With Gisborne aiming to cement ‘‘The Chardonnay Capital of New Zealand’’ title, this is a great start, he said. “New Zealand is on notice that it is not just the marketing machine, we are the capital of chardonnay. With the few wineries in Gisborne, for a Gisborne winery to feature in these awards is even more reason to celebrate.” Wrights Vineyards and Winery is featured on NZ Rural Delivery on August 19. They were filmed during the harvest and vintage (2017 harvest).

Wrights continue to strive for excellence in their vineyards, this year importing a new under-vine mower from Italy to ensure the vineyards are managed organically and without herbicides. “This brand will be the first of its type to come to New Zealand. We are planning to showcase the equipment to other growers, helping to promote more sustainable farming to other growers.”

Wrights Vineyard and Winery public newsletter.

Privacy Policy:

By joining our newsletter, your details will only be used by Wrights Vineyard and Winery.